LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

niDCPower Reset .vi with error code -225130 Recovery

Hi Team,

I would like to get your advice, I use SMU-4142 for component pins contact test, sometimes short or other abnormally, it will pop out "niDCPower Reset" .vi with error code -225130 Recovery (as per photo attached). By reboot pc can help to recover but long time taken some records might be missing.

Is there any advice for this "niDCPower Reset" error recovery without reboot PC? Thank you,

I am using LabVIEW 2016  and Ni-DCPower 16.0 an 19.1.

Best Regards,

Kenny Ng

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(158 Views)

To clarify, I believe you are saying that occasionally when you call "niDCPower Reset" you are seeing error -225130. Does this only happen when the instrument encounters an unexpected voltage or current level? It's unclear what you mean by "short or other abnormally".

Have you noticed any more specific configuration or action the instrument is performing prior to seeing this show up?

Suggestions to try:

1. Call niDCPower Device Reset.
  2. Call Device Reset from MAX or using the System Configuration API
  3. Disable and re-enable the device in Device Manager
  4. Upgrade the driver to the latest version
    1. this does get tricky as the LabVIEW VIs will be automatically removed, but there are ways around this. You can copy the <LabVIEW Directory>/instr.lib/niDCPower> folder before upgrade and then copy it back afterward.
Tobias
Principal Software Engineer
Driver Software
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(124 Views)

Hi Tobias

Good day to you and thank you so much for your feedback. ^^.

Yes, you are right,  "niDCPower Reset" error -225130 is only happen when the instrument encounters an unexpected voltage or current level. I attached the error message in text file, hopefully it can provide more information for my problem facing.

"

Suggestions to try:

1. Call niDCPower Device Reset.
  2. Call Device Reset from MAX or using the System Configuration API
  3. Disable and re-enable the device in Device Manager
  4. Upgrade the driver to the latest version
    1. this does get tricky as the LabVIEW VIs will be automatically removed, but there are ways around this. You can copy the <LabVIEW Directory>/instr.lib/niDCPower> folder before upgrade and then copy it back afterward

"

Thank you for your suggestions in advance.

1) I tried before, but my result is not working, same error continue pop-up until I reboot the pc.

2) & 3) method I will try out and update again.

4) I am using LabView2016, the latest NI DC Compatibility driver version will be 19.5. I will try to upgrade to Ver19.5 and monitoring. (Now I am using Ver19.1).

Again thank you so much for your comments and suggestion.

Have a great day to you.

Thank you.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kenny  Ng

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(91 Views)