Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change temperature values stored on card?

Hello,

I would like to gather some additional information that I can pass on to a DAQ engineer.

Do you know wich version of DAQmx, LabVIEW, and NI Measurement & Automation Explorer you are using?  Can you also tell me what operating system are you using? This information may be useful to us in determining what may be wrong with your PCI-6052E card.

Thanks,

Cameron T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(915 Views)

LV:  v 9.0f3

DAQmx:  8.9.5f7

MAX:  4.6.2f1

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(909 Views)

Thanks for sending this information Mark.  I will now use it in addition to everything else you shared with me when present to a DAQ engineer.

As a side note, I am aware that you have been working with another Applications Engineer here at National Instruments in regards to the issues with your board.  In the interest of keeping our support process more efficient, I will go ahead and allow him to be the main point of contact with you.  When we get more information from the DAQ engineer, the Applications Engineer with which you opened a service request with will reach out to you.  

Thanks again,

Cameron T
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(896 Views)

Aaaack--I've been outed!  Yes it's true we have a service contract with NI but I'm sure this card--like all others we've sent in--will be "unrepairable--replacement cost is $xxxx.xx"

I have a nice little heap of DAQ boards that don't pass cal & therefore can't be used.  Contract or no contract I've never gotten to the cause of these various failures.  ALL our cards are interfaced with 0-10V I/O systems and none exhibit any signs of damage.  This particular PCI-6052E seemed to me most likely to be an offset caused by corrupt cal constants.  Constants that, according to a parallel topic here, appear to be inaccessible & with no factory defaults--so nothing to restore & no way to do it.

My company Labview guru has left my lab in disgust.

My discussions here always terminate with an RMA.

The Calibration Executive program only works with in-spec fully functioning cards, has NO adjustment tools and doesn't function automatically unless the customer owns the one and only supported Standard (Fluke 5700).

Too much frustration for no gain.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(887 Views)