cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing sample rate for USB-6210

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am attempting to obtain 1 sample per millisecond using my USB-6210, but no matter what settings I use, I'm only able to achieve ~ 1 sample every 10ms. Is there a way I can increase the sample rate?

LabVIEW version 2020

With thanks to anyone that can help,

Tone

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(139 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tonedope

A few thing:

1. Get Rid of the Sequence structure.
  2. On the timing node you specify a rate of 1000Sa/s and specify the number of samples as 1000. Disconnect that wire and leave it blank. Samples per channel specifies the number of samples to acquire or generate for each channel in the task if sample mode is Finite Samples. If sample mode is Continuous Samples, NI-DAQmx uses this value to determine the buffer size.  Let LabVIEW determine the buffer size automatically
  3. Download 100 samples at time. If you set this to a smaller value the overhead will start to become problematic.
  4. You have property nodes in your loop. This forces the loop to run in the UI thread which can be a problem. Make a separate loop for your property nodes.
  5. You have constant memory allocations in your For Loop, you are constantly resizing the array. Try to to use a fixed array and substitute value in that instead.
Message 2 of 3
(117 Views)

Your recommendations vastly improved the sampling rate of vi.

Many thanks!

Tone

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(89 Views)