Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI maydaq in

Hi

In my project I use 1 NI maydaq. The DAQ sends one 0-10V signal to one 3-way valve and one 0-10 V signal to one throttle valve. When I turn off the LabVIEW program the valve go default to 0 V. Is it possible to let the valves go to the 10 V when the PC is energized? I can not find any solutions in the settings of the NI software. 

Thanks

Greets

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,295 Views)

Hello Vincent,

About which of the following situations are you talking?

1) Stopping the VI: "turning off the LabVIEW program"

2) Unplugging the myDAQ: "turning of the energy"

3) rebooting the pc.

In case 1 there shouldn't be any problem and you should be able to update the anolog outputs on-demand and keep the same value there as long as the USB-power is connected.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,260 Views)

Hi Thierry

This is the situation

The myDAQ is connected through USB with the PC. The DAQ analogue output 0- 10V is only energized to the 10 V position if LabVIEW gives the signal. But I like to get the 10 V signal by default. Now it stays in 0V until LabVIEW sends the signal.

Hopefully this is more clear.

Thanks!!!

Greets

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,255 Views)

Hello Vincent,

Some (not all) Multifunction DAQ devices support the setting of power up states for the digital output lines like this:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B4FED0C879BD155F862569ED00142DC7

As far as I know the myDAQ does not support the setting of Power Up states for digital or analog outputs.

You'll have to set it from software when you connect the myDAQ.

To come back to your original issue:

"The DAQ sends one 0-10V signal to one 3-way valve and one 0-10 V signal to one throttle valve. When I turn off the LabVIEW program the valve go default to 0 V. Is it possible to let the valves go to the 10 V when the PC is energized"

When you set the output voltage and stop your software (but the myDAQ remains powered), then the output voltage should keep its latest state/value.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,250 Views)