cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS Direct Integration in NI-DAQmx Logging

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Is it possible to get the tdms file reference, when using the "TDMS Direct Integration in NI-DAQmx Logging" like that: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/9574/en/

I would need it to write manally data to an tdms-file while a DAQmx-task is logging the measured data to this file.

To open a second file reference is not possible, because it is blocked from the DAQ-task.

Best regards,

Reinhard

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,753 Views)

Not that I am aware of.  But you might want to go look at this idea (and give it kudos).  It might not be exactly what you are looking for, but it would solve most issues.

Additional TDMS Metadata

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,722 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for answering!

Yeah, that`s a nice idea, but it is, like you said, not exactly what i`m searching for...

That`s my situation:

I have four analog channels (voltage-measurement) and i need to store the raw data in tdms format. So it would be nice to use the DAQmx to TDMS direct logging. But there is one Problem: I also have to log the sum of the four voltages and I want to log it to the same tdms-file as new channel.

If it is not possible to get the tdms-file reference out of the DAQ-Task, I have to use the traditional way (not using the direct logging) by reading the data and log it manually.

lg Reinhard

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,674 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ReinhardG

Hey Reinhard,

I think it is not possible to get the reference for the TDMS file from the DAQmx logging functions.

You need either to create a second file to store the sum of the 4 voltage channels or you calculate the sum after the logging.

Regards, Stephan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,658 Views)

Hi,

I suspected that it is not possible. But I think it is a nice idea...

Thank you for answering!

Best Regards,

Reinhard

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,643 Views)