NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install multiple driver packages from NIPM GUI or command line?

Hi,

I have some already installed driver package like NI-VISA, NI-DMM, NI-SCOPE and more with not the latest version, example 2020 Q1. How can select all and install them to the latest version like 2023 Q3 in a same installing process from NIPM?

I can install them one by one to the latest version but it is really not sustainable and maintainable for long term because every single driver package installing require a manual reboot which is quite time consuming.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,207 Views)

Typically twice a year NI releases a suite installer for Windows called the Software Platform Bundle that includes most of the common HW drivers and the latest one is 2023 Q3, so it likely includes all the latest drivers that release in that quarter. When you interactively install, it will present you with a list of software and drivers included, and you can select what to install.

From ni.com you can download a small payload (online installer) that will invoke NIPM and prompt you for what to download and install, you can download the large offline installer, an ISO file that you must mount to access, or you can locate the select the right version in the Browse Products tab of NI Package Manager and initiate the download and installation.

Regarding multiple reboots, installing multiple drivers back to back with a single reboot at the end is very similar to installing multiple drivers from the above suite, so you should only have to reboot once.

Scott Richardson
https://testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,177 Views)

I have used NI Package Builder to make a custom installation via the Package Installer. You will need to manually install on a machine and include NI Package Builder. From that machine, you can make Package Installer with all the items you want and build it. That built installer can be run without user intervention then via command line flags. I link to the NIPM manual to help guide, but NI.com is not finding anything this afternoon😠.

Message 3 of 3
(1,168 Views)