NI Package Manager (NIPM)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Operation To Be Performed - Real Time Module

Hi,

I'm trying to run a code I didn't write for a specific test bench and eventually modify it. To use it, I will need to connect to NI cRIO-9074 via cable. I tried downloading the needed drivers for it but keep getting the same message without any options. 

I run NI LabVIEW 2023 Q1 and need to also download Real-Time Module & NI CompactRIO to connect to cRIO-9074.

compatibility.PNG

I tried downloading the two from internet: I meet the compatibility (using Windows). The two softwares show me errors when installing. They are not downloaded on my computer (and I du not see them in VI Package Manager).

 The windos I get from Real-Time Module installer is this one (the message translates from French to "No Operation To Be Performed. I cannot select any other options aftewards except closing the window.

no operation to be performed.PNG

As for cRIO, I tried downloading a compatible version. This is the product that I get from the web page when downloading cRIO for Windows.. (NI CompactRIO 14.5 Patch for NI Linux Real-Time Targets).

cRIO.PNG

After pressing "Next", I get a message saying there are no notifications for my products. The next window says No software will be installed or removed.

No notifications.PNG no software will be installed or removed.PNG

Am I missing something? I can run LabVIEW and have a functioning license.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,359 Views)

Albert, I am not that familiar with LabVIEW RT Module and requirements to perform the operations that you are wanting to do, but I can speak to the message that you are seeing.

NI installers define a single or a list of top-level products (packages) to install. The LabVIEW RT Module installer lists a single package to install (ni-labview-2022-rt-module-en). The installer includes LabVIEW as well as a dependency, so LabVIEW will be installed if not already installed. 

The message you are getting is because the top-level package(s) are already installed on your system. You should be able to verify this by looking at the Installed tab in NI Package Manager for a package with the text name of "LabVIEW Real-Time Module (64 bits) - Anglais".

Now when you are installing top-level packages, the installation wizard will also list additional items that the top-level packages recommend and suggest that are included in the installer. After installing, if you rerun the installer the wizard does not show the list of additional items because the top-level package is already installed.

However, within NI Package Manager, you can hover the mouse over an installed item and click on the gear icon to the far right on the row and this will display any not yet installed additional items that the installed package recommends and suggests and that are available in the registered feeds within NI Package Manager. So the gear icon typically is only applicable when the system is connected to internet and can reach ni.com.

When you are installing NI CompactRIO and Drivers, the installer displays multiple top-level items that include CompactRIO, DAQmx, Sync, VISA, and Serial. If all of those are already installed, that installer will report there is nothing to install. Using the gear icon on those installed items might also show additional items.

Scott Richardson
https://testeract.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,314 Views)