cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate a License offline?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I am trying to activate a license for NI Vision Development Module Run-Time. I have the license, activated it to get my codes, etc. but when I go to the license manager there is no option on the little pop up for "No internet connection? Continue with offline activation". I have activated many licenses this way before and have never had this issue. Any idea why this may be happening?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,679 Views)

Hi LearningLabVIEW,

What version of NI License Manager are you using? What workflow are you using to get to the dialog you are expecting and could you send a screenshot? Also, for completeness, is your system fully offline, on an offline local network, or actually online, etc? Finally, if you open NI License Manager, go to the Local Licenses tab, right-click the project, and select "Activate":

- If you are already logged in (check top-right corner), are you able to select the "Enter Activation Codes" option from the dropdown?

- If you are not already logged in, are you able to see the option to active offline as you were expecting on the bottom-left corner?

Briana P.
Licensing
Sr SW Engineering Manager | NI R&D
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,628 Views)

Hello,

NI License Manager Version: 4.7.0

Workflow: Open license manager application and click "activate software" at top of application, this is where no option to activate online is available. Referencing this website. Attached photo as well.Capture.PNG

System is online for local network for network file access, no internet access.

When opening license manager, navigating to local licenses tab - there is only the option to activate two vision modules. Attached screenshot for reference. Not "my project" per say if that is what you were directly looking for. No option to activate online.Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,615 Views)
Solution
Accepted by LearningLabVIEW

The feature you're looking for (the prompt to activate offline within the wizard) was added in a later version of NILM than you have on your system. There were improvements made to better support network setups like yours (local network with no network access). The latest version available is NILM 21.8.1.

Briana P.
Licensing
Sr SW Engineering Manager | NI R&D
ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,602 Views)

That did it! Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,588 Views)