NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joe_H1

Add New PostStepNoMatterWhat Engine Callback

There should be an Engine Callback that is executed as the very last step in the order of step execution that will execute regardless of any and all settings or step results: the PostStep "No-Matter-What" Engine Callback.  I have a requirement to perform certain actions at the end of every client sequence step regardless of step, station, report settings as well as step results (Status, Error).  Right now, the callback that gives the best coverage is ProcessModelPostResultListEntry, but this does not fire when client sequence developers set Result Recording Option for a step to False.  My requirements call for my actions to execute whether or not the developer of the client sequence desires the results to land in the TestStand report or not.  As with other callbacks, if it is blank, the engine can skip it. 

The PostStepNoMatterWhat callback would execute regardless of all these, but as an aid to Framework developers, NI should provide a matrix for each of the default Process Models that shows which of the engine callbacks will execute given the following data:

1. Step.Result.Status {Done, Skipped, Passed, Failed}
  2. Result Recording Option {Enabled, Disabled}
  3. Step.Result.Error.Occurred {True, False}
  4. Run Mode {Normal, Skipped}
  5. Ignore Run-Time Errors {Enabled, Disabled}
  6. On-The-Fly Reporting {Enabled, Disabled}
  7. Error Dialog Selection {Ignore, Run Clean-up, Abort}