NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASAM XIL step for Get Parameter Values only return the Return Value

I am using 32-bit VeriStand 2020 R3 being called from TestStand 2023 Q4 as well as 2024 Q4. I am trying to use the Get Script Parameter Values step but it is only able to read the Return Value in the VeriStand sequence which is quite limiting. Is this a bug in the ASAM XIL library, a limitation of VeriStand 2020, or a limitation of TestStand?

Is there another way to get more data back from VeriStand into TestStand that I am missing. I am also not trying to create 100's of User Channels that I would then use Framework Get Values step. We are able to set multiple parameters using Script Set Parameter Values so why can't we read multiple values back?

I am unable to upgrade the VeriStand version at this time due to the time and complexity involved.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(54 Views)

You can use ASAM XIL Framework Steps to read/write all the channels defined in the System Definition file. Just select Create From VeriStand Project in the Framework Create step.

Reference: ASAM XIL Steps for NI TestStand

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(17 Views)

I already knew that I could get Framework Variables but that is not what I want to do ... We have 100's of test cases and I do not want to create 1000's of User Channels to read the results from a VeriStand real-time sequence back.

Just like we can use Script Set parameter Values to set multiple input parameters in VeriStand using TestStand by using the parameter name used in the VS sequence. I was expecting to be able to use the Script Get Parameter Values (note that it is plural) to return data from VS to TS instead of only being able to get back a single value that happens to be the Return Variable declared in VS.

As an example, I have a VS sequence that monitors target speed being sent to a motor controller and also monitors current output from hydraulic devices. I want the latest feedback values (8 sensors), the last target speed setting and the times it took each of the IO to settle (in ms). I was hoping to be able to return that data to the TS sequence from VS without having to create 9 User Channels in VS especially since the next project while similar has a different number of pumps and motors. And this is only a single test so using the Framewrok Get Variable Values would be very painful and make my sysdef file very specific for this device.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6 Views)