NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding files to deployment

There are several items needed for my deployment besides what is generated by the deployment:

a desktop shortcut for launching TestStand, 

a .ini file, and

a directory of files to be loaded into the UUTs.

Is there a way to include these in the deployment? 

thanx,

jvh 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,187 Views)

Hi jvh,

You can definately include these files!   The easiest way to make sure that a file (such as an INI or files to be loaded into the UUTs) is included in your deployment is to add it to your workspace.  Keep in mind that any sequence and code modules that are used by your main sequence file will automatically added even if they are not in the workspace. As for the desktop shortcut, you can specify a shortcut for any item in the distributed files tab by selecting the file, then clicking the Shortcuts... button.You may also want to take a look at the deployment section of theTestStand manual (Chapter 14) which provides a step by step for many common deployment scenarios:

NI TestStand Reference Manual

Hope this helps!

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,164 Views)
Al B wrote:

Hi jvh,

You can definately include these files!   The easiest way to make sure that a file (such as an INI or files to be loaded into the UUTs) is included in your deployment is to add it to your workspace. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks but pardon my ignorance. My question is much more simple minded. How are files added to the workspace? Surely I can't just plop them in to any ol' directry and expect magical results.

jvh 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,161 Views)

Hi jvh,

You can add files to the workspace by right clicking a project within the workspace, then selecting "add file".  To configure where these files will go on the target,  select the file in the Distributed Files field in the Distributed Files tab of the deployment utility, then change the installer properties.

Al B.
Staff Software Engineer - TestStand
CTA/CLD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,132 Views)