NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Switch Settling Time in TestStand

I am using a PXI-4072 with a PXI-2533 and teststand's integrated switching.

I am switching and measuring a lot of voltages and I find that the switch is ocassionally shorting some test points together, even though I have ticked 'Wait for Debounce before executing Step'.

This is bad because some of the test points are connected to the UUT's supply rail and causing it to reset in the middle of a test.(I also think this is how I one of the SSR's were damaged as well but I can't be sure.)

The problem looks like the default switch settling time may be marginal because if I put a wait between the switching the problems go away.

Apart from saturating my test with waits, is there a way to increase NI Switch's settling time?

Thankyou

Tim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,990 Views)

Hello Tim,

You can change the default settling time of a switch by using the niSwitch Property Node in your module.

Left-click the property node and select the property Settling Time, which can be found under Module Characteristics.
Set the constant to the amount of time (in seconds) to wait for settling.

For more information on adding additional settling time, the above information is given in detail in the NI-SWITCH help>>Programming with NI-SWITCH>>Features>>Adding Additional Settling Time

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Glenn
Message 2 of 2
(2,973 Views)