NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on constructing a test engine and formatting a spreadsheet test file to perform command line interface testing on a product through telnet or serial interface

Advice on constructing a test engine and formatting a spreadsheet test file to perform command line interface testing on a range of products through telnet or serial interface and output pass/fail results.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,648 Views)
Hello j. smith,

TestStand gives you the ability to create "sequence files" which are lists of tests to be run sequentially or in parallel. These tests can be written in any language: LabVIEW VIs, C/C++ DLLs, EXEs, ActiveX objects, .NET Assemblies, etc.

You can run your TestStand sequence files from a command-line prompt using the following syntax:

\bin\SeqEdit.exe" /quit -run

This will launch the TestStand Sequence Editor (and optionally prompt you for TestStand login information if you have this configured), run your sequence file, then exit.

If you're using the TestStand process model, it can output your results to a report file or database if you configure this. To use a TestStand process mo
del to execute your sequence file, use the following syntax:

\bin\SeqEdit.exe" /quit -runEntryPoint

Here's an example:

C:\>"C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.0\bin\SeqEdit.exe" /quit -runEntryPoint "Single Pass" "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\TestStand 3.0\Examples\Demo\C\computer.seq"

Note that multiple sequences and sequence files can be specified on the command line.

TestStand supports remote sequence execution using DCOM (Distributed COM), which is an east way to remotely execute tests. But as for running tests or commands through a telnet or serial interface, you would have need to check Windows documentation on how to execute command-line remotely like this.

David Mc.
NI Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,648 Views)
Could any one please help me in knowing the possible ways we can run multiple sequnces with command line argument.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,224 Views)

Hi,

You can loaded up multiple sequence files by using the command:

SeqEdit.exe "c:\My Seqs\seq1.seq" "c:\My Seqs\seq2.seq"

And obsviously you can run your Sequence either by

SeqEdit.exe /run MainSequence "c:\My Seqs\test.seq"

or

SeqEdit.exe /runEntryPoint "Test UUTs" "c:\My Seqs\test.seq"

But I dont think you can do

SeqEdit.exe /run MainSequence "c:\My Seqs\test1.seq" "c:\My Seqs\test2.seq"

or even

SeqEdit.exe /run MainSequence "c:\My Seqs\test1.seq" /run MainSequence  "c:\My Seqs\test2.seq"

and expect it to run the MainSequence one after the over of both sequences. Although its something I have never tried.

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,199 Views)

I put my query in a different way: Running multiple sequences from command line but in a seqeuntial way. One after the other.

If we have mulitple seqeunces to run like :test1.seq, test2.seq,test3.seq. I want to run all three seqeunces to get executed by sending command through command line, but one after the other.If only test1.seq has completed its execution, need to execute test2.seq without closing teststand in between.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,171 Views)

Sury -

Please see my post in regards to what you would like to achieve in the following forum thread and post:

How to terminate TestStand Application after a LabView error.

Hope this helps.

Manooch H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,152 Views)