NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating/Deleting Privileges via TestStand API

Hello,

I am writing a User Management Toolkit in LabVIEW that will integrate a TestStand storage. One thing I would like to do is create/delete privileges if there are no longer any users that have that privilege. I'm curious if there's any way to create/delete privileges globally so that all users will have/no longer have a privilege. I noticed that the privileges object is read only. Is this possible? Is there any work around? Thanks in advance for any insights!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(935 Views)

Hi alexm1,

You can use the TestStand API to read and modify the privileges that users have.  The example below modifies the GrantAll property to TRUE for a single user.

Edit testStand Priviledge.JPG

Hope this helps

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(889 Views)

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply! I've figured out how to set privileges as you described. What I am looking to do here is actually create new privileges programmatically. I believe I figured out how to make a new privilege using the following code, which adds the privilege to a container called "Custom". However, I'm not sure if deleting privileges is possible or not. I'm still exploring this, and will update this post if I figure it out.

alexm1_0-1645045298401.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(882 Views)