NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Sequence Editor Crashing - Specify Module for Step Template

Hi Ppl,

I trying to build a  custom sequence editor. I have modified the LabVIEW code of the Full Featured User Interface. I have added code to it to programmatically  create step templates. This code creates steps of custom step type, specifies a LabVIEW VI as its module and links its I/O's to its corresponding parameters and inserts these steps into the templates file. When I try to specify module for these steps from the templates my custom sequence editor is crashing (LabVIEW closes without any message). However I'm able to specify module for these templates from sequence editor.  I donot have any problem specifying module for other steps from step types palette. I tried it with the original full feature userinterface, which again crashed closing LabVIEW. When I tried to do the same with other full featured UI's, like csharp, cvi, VB.net, the specify module worked fine.

I'm using LabVIEW  8.6, TestStand 4.2.1. How do I fix this problem, Is there any work around.

Thanks 

Message Edited by lordsathish on 02-23-2010 11:58 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,080 Views)

I'm rephrasing my problem.

When I try to specify module for a LabVIEW adapter  type step, in LabVIEW full featured user interface  where the VI is within an LLB LabVIEW exits without displaying any error.

Is this an error ? Is there any work around. I was able to replicate this issue in other stations also.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,066 Views)

Hi, 

I have a question to help diagnose your problem

- Were you running the full featured user interface as VIs in LabVIEW Development System, when you tried to specify the module for the LabVIEW step?

Regards

Anand Jain

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,042 Views)
Yes, I'm running it as VI's in LabVIEW 8.6
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,035 Views)
When I run the exe from the LabVIEW Full Featured User Interface it seems to work fine. Problem is only with the code. That is when I run the Top Level VI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,020 Views)

Hi,

We were not able to reproduce the crash that you are seeing. Can you post an example which shows the problem?

Regards

Anand Jain

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,005 Views)

This is what I do.

Open \National Instruments\TestStand 4.2.1\UserInterfaces\Full-Featured\LabVIEW\Load Top-Level VI.vi

Run the VI

Insert a LabVIEW Action type step

Right click and Specify Module

Browse and select \National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\vi.lib\errclust.llb (or any other llb)

Select the  IVI Error Message Builder.vi

LabVIEW crashes without any error. Hope you are able to recreate this.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,993 Views)

Satish -

I performed the following steps and was unable to reproduce any crash:

1. Launch LabVIEW 8.6.1

2. Open National Instruments\TestStand 4.2.1\UserInterfaces\Full-Featured\LabVIEW\Load Top-Level VI.vi using LabVIEW 8.6.1

3. Run the VI.

4. Create a new sequence file, drop a LabVIEW Action step in the sequence file.

5. Right-click Specify Module.

6. Browse to National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.6\vi.lib\errclust.llb and open IVI Error Message Builder.vi.

I performed these steps with the LabVIEW Adapter configured to Development Environment (8.6.1) and Run-Time Engine (8.6.1) and was not able to reproduce the crash. Could you provide a MAX Troubleshooting Report from your machine?

Manooch H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,955 Views)