NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSI Workbench

I am working with a modelling tool from DSI known as eXpress.  The model ultimately shows fault diagnostics / isolation / coverage.  Another tool of theirs, Workbench, is supposed to be the bridge between the model and a test executive to help the technician walk through a diagnostic test.  I believe it uses ATML at its foundation, but I'm not sure.  I've seen YouTube videos showing WorkBench interfacing with ATEasy.  However, I'm wondering if anyone has used this tool to interface with TestStand?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,499 Views)

Do you know what the API for workbench is: http://www.dsiintl.com/WebLogic/Products.aspx?Page=DSIWorkbenchAPI.ascx

I'm sure you can just directly call into the API from TestStand steps.  TestStand natively supports: ActiveX, .NET, C/C++ DLL and many others.  I'm assuming thier API is one of those.  If it is a Java API there are ways to do Java in TestStand but they take a little more work.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,473 Views)

DSI Workbench can interface with TestStand through the ATML Test Results format.  For this to work, the test results file must reference items from the eXpress diagnostic model. Ideally, you would want to generate the TestStand sequence directly from the eXpress diagnostic study (fault tree). This approach is demonstrated in the ATEEasy videos that you mention. A similar process that uses TestStand would look like this:

1. Test Program Generation: eXpress diagnostic model -> eXpress diagnostic study -> export to DiagML -> … -> ATML Test Description -> ATML TD Translator -> TestStand sequence file

2. UUT Testing: TestStand sequence file -> TestStand -> ATML Test Results

3. UUT Troubleshooting: DiagML + ATML Test Results -> DSI Workbench

The missing link in the above process is a conversion from DiagML to ATML Test Description. The good news is that the two formats are very compaible (historically, DiagML was a “precursor” to the ATML format) and there is a plan to develop a converter, so stay tuned...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,448 Views)