NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment needs Cutom Editor liicense number.

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an NI Developer Suite, 3Q2009, which has 3 serial numbers: one for the suite, one for the deployment engine, and one for the debug environment. While trying to install a deployment I get a complaint about a license for a Custom Sequence Editor. Seems the Suite license number would cover this. No?

thanx,

jvh 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,115 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jvh75021
When you try to activate the license, are you selecting all 4 options? With my deployments, in the license manager I select only the base engine and activate that. I don't know if the TestStand option to the Dev suite includes those 3 licenses or whether you purchased them separately but yes, the custom sequence editor does have it's own license.
Message 2 of 8
(4,111 Views)

I checked all the options when installing the deployment because of past difficulties in limited deployments. Apparently the contractor who developed the package used a custom sequence. That seems to be OK so I will just not try to activate it anymore as we cannot justify its high cost for the insignificant modifications that have been made.

Thanks for posting.

jvh 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,095 Views)
The license for the custom sequence editor has absolutely nothing to do with a custom sequence. The sequence editor allows you to create and deploy an editor to developers instead of the full development system.
Message 4 of 8
(4,093 Views)
What is in a name? How silly of me to think something named "Custom Sequence Editor" would be used to edit something like a sequential model sequence or the like.Smiley Surprised
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,082 Views)
Well, when you open TestStand development, you see at the top - "Sequence Editor" so to me, Custom Sequence Editor is not confusing.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,076 Views)
I think we should be able to use parenthesis in English just like C/C#/C++.  That way we could disambiguate (Custom Sequence) Editor from Custom (Sequence Editor). 🙂
Message 7 of 8
(4,071 Views)
Prezactly, cause I can't find Custom, Sequence, or Editor in my precedence chart.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,065 Views)