NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit HTML Report to remove section dividers

Running test sequences and using the HTML format for reports.  Configured the Results Processing / Report Generation to only show failures in the report.  When I get the report, it still shows several black lines in between the tests that failed.  Presumably, these are some type of section or test divider that is still displayed even when the actual test result is omitted.  I expect that to get rid of these, I will need to edit the report generation sequence files, but I am not sure where to start.  Please advise. 

Thanks in advance.

GSinMN     

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,796 Views)

GSinMN,

A good place to start would be the ReportGen_html.seq Here you can make the changes you want to implement. This document link here provides some useful information about this. You can also do this with a DLL if you prefer not to make changes to the sequence file used in the report generation. 

Rob S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,757 Views)

Hello Rob,

Thanks for the reponse.  I managed to find my way to the reportgen_html file, and I did find a few spots in the file that use the term "separator", however, editing or deleting these steps didn't seem to affect the report.  This may or may not have been the correct step, but in the context of the sequence, it made sense.

Example:

Within the reportgen_html file, there is a sub-sequence called " PutOneResultInReport_Impl ".  Within this sub-sequence, there is an expression step called "Add Separator". The expression is as follows:

Locals.ReportEntry += "<tr><td class='separator' style=\"background-color:" + Parameters.ReportOptions.Colors.TableBorder + ";\" colspan = '2'></td></tr>\n"

I deleted the entire step, with no effect.

Could you confirm if I am at least looking in the right place?  Thanks.

GSinMN

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,733 Views)

Think I figured it out.  It was the correct step to delete, but I was using the .dll to generate, rather than the sequence file.

GSinMN

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,723 Views)

Hello All,

Circling back to add some additional information.  I recently discovered that disabling on-the-fly reporting will get rid of the extra "black lines" showing up in the report.  Still not sure what the relationship is, but it does seem to fix the issue.  

GSinMN

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,312 Views)