NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find callers

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a TestStand project that contains "main" test sequence that calls around 10 test sequence files that each call anywhere from 5 to 50 test sequence files. I need to determine if a particular test sequence file is called by any other test sequence file. LabVIEW has a couple of ways to find VIs that call a specific VI. I cannot see how to do something equivalent for test sequence files that are called by other test sequence files. Am I missing something?

I have even just tried looking for text that is part of a test sequence file, but I don't seem to be able to do that either.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,211 Views)

Hi Hamilton_Woods,

I am not aware of anything that you could access through the TestStand Sequence Editor.  It can be done using the TestStand API but would require you to write some code to bubble through your sequences until you have all of the paths of the sequences called.

Regards

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,185 Views)

How about Sequence Hierarchy Window?

Also, you can use find (CTRL+SHIFT+F) and look for the sequence file path.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA, CPI

1. Did someone devote their time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos.
  2. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
  3. Contribute to the development of TestStand by voting on the TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,147 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion to view the hierarchy. I did that. It was minimally helpful. Unfortunately, the hierarchy shows "Main Sequence" as the name of every sequence in the hierarchy. The name of the sequence file is in the legend, which is color coded. I have so many sequence files that the colors are repeated multiple times. I was able to see who called who by noticing the color of the sequence file of interest and hovering over the "Main Sequences" of that color. The name of the sequence file is displayed while hovering. After locating the "Main Sequence" of interest, I was able to touch the "wires" leading to the callers one by one to observe the callers of the sequence file of interest.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,141 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hamilton_Woods

Hi,

Please try menu Edit -- > Find and Replace in files

Give the name of the sequence file and select the directory under which all the sequence files are present.

It should list out the required files.

Hope this helps.

Ravi

Message 5 of 8
(2,134 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hamilton_Woods
  1. Open Find/Replace in Files window (CTRL+SHIFT+F)
  2. Specify sequence file (e.g. ModelSupport.seq; see the first screen)
  3. Specify filter. Search for SFPath object (see the second screen)
  4. Find all sequence file calls in the Find Results pane (see the third screen)

A1.png

A2.png

A3.png

This will work if you call sequence files using explicit file name/path. If you specify sequence file dynamically (build name using expressions) this solution will not work.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA, CPI

1. Did someone devote their time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos.
  2. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
  3. Contribute to the development of TestStand by voting on the TestStand Idea Exchange.
Message 6 of 8
(2,118 Views)

I tried the approach offered by bienieck and RaviShrigiri. It actually works! The thing to be careful of is that the sequence file to be searched for needs to be the complete file name, including the extension. Otherwise, the search comes back empty.

I hope these answers are as helpful to someone else as they are to me!!! Kudos to both of you!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,098 Views)

You can use regex as well.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA, CPI

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,093 Views)