NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I include the results are coming from a new thread, in the main sequence report?

Hi,

I have a main sequence which calls other sequence running in a new thread.
I cannot see the results (limit test etc.) comming from that sequence.
Is there any trick to it?
Andras
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,706 Views)

Hi Andras.

I have the same problem and now I'm waiting for an answer from technical support.

I will post it as soon as possible.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,703 Views)
Hi again Andras.

I got a reply from the technical support. I hope this help you.

To include in main report the results of your test in another thread you must follow these steps:

1.- Right click on the sequence call where you create the new thread. In "Specify Module" panel, just right "Run sequence in a new thread" press "Settings" button and disable "Automatically wait for the thread to complete..."

2.- At the end of your main sequence add a new "synchronization - wait" step. Configure your wait, selecting in the upper ring tab "wait for thread".

3.- Then select below "specify by sequence call" and pick over your thread name.

With these changes your main sequence will add the results from your thread to your main sequence report.

I hope it works for you. (but sadly it doesn't work for me)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,690 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

Actually the tech support answer worked for me...But under certain condition.

If your Wait step has the record result enabled, then you get everything (including the wait result). However, if you disable the record on that step, then the behaviour is different and you don't get anything :(.

So a new question...Is it possible to get the result in the report without the wait stated?

Matthieu

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,490 Views)
Hi

Try this:

Greetings
juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
Message 5 of 6
(4,485 Views)

Actually it is the exactly the step "Wait for Thread" that passes the results from the sub sequence to the main sequence. This step must be included in the result recording for the subsequence result to be passed to the main sequence and then to the report.

In fact all other steps could have "Recording disabled" either by a common sequence setting or by individually setting the "Result Recording Option"=Disabled for each step.

I usually disable record resulting for all steps in all sequences using the Sequence Properties setting "Disable Result Recording for All Steps" and then enable only those steps I want in the report using the step setting "Result Recording Option"="Enabled (Override sequence setting)".

H. Molsen, CIM Industrial Systems
CLA, CTA
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,072 Views)