NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use TestGroup Descriptions in ATML Reports

I have a problem with TestGroups in the TestStand ATML Reports. For Tests (Steps) the Value of the Name-Attribute in the Report equals the StepName in the Sequence Editor. That is not true for TestGroups ( = SequenceCalls in TestStand Editor); here the Name-Attribute contains the names of the SequenceFile and the called Sequence.

So when I use the same Sequence(File) with different Parameters (as Macros), I can give to each call a new Name (in the SequenceEditor), but in the ATML-Report the TestGroups all are named equal (=SequenceFileName).

A Report that does not tell me (or my customer) what the Tests has done is nearly useless.  

That's the reason why I want to add additional Informations (StepName or StepDescription) to the TestGroup Elements of the Report. I think  it would be the best solution and conform to the ATML Standard, to add a Description-Element to the TestGroup. Can somebody help me with an idea how to do that? Is it possible to change the CVI - DLL (if 'yes' what must be added?).  

Thanks for your help

Message 1 of 8
(3,742 Views)
Pigge,

Thank you for reporting the issue that sequence call step names are missing in the ATML report.

For me to correctly provide you the changes required to resolve the issues you report reported, can you please provide me with the TS version you are using and if you have NI TestStand ATML Toolkit 1.0 installed on the machine or not.

Regards,
Anand Jain
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,732 Views)

Anand,

thanks for your reply. Here is what you need to know:

I am using TestStand Version 4.2 and I have not installed the ATML Toolkit 1.0.

Hope this helps you finding a good solution for my problem!

Thanks again for your support

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,710 Views)

Pigge -

Would you mind if I asked the forum administrators for the email address associated to your forum name, so that I may email you directly?

Manooch H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,663 Views)

Hi Manooch,

That's no problem at all! Please email me directly.

Thanks in advance!

Message Edited by pigge on 02-18-2010 01:43 PM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,656 Views)

Hi Mannoch,

What are the reasons for non disussions in the TS forums ?

Regards

Juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,636 Views)

Juergen -

In some cases we may need to get users' files from them and they are not comfortable with simply posting them to an open discussion forum. In other cases, we may decide to patch a bug and as part of our patch process might request that a user test the patch on their system. As the patch isn't finalized, we wouldn't want to post it on the forum for someone to randomly download, install, and potentially introduce more bugs in their system.

Hope this answers your question.

Manooch H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,624 Views)

Hi Manooch,

This makes absolutely sense. Thanks for your answer

Regards,

Juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016