NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a sequence prototype?

Hi, I cannot create a prototype of sequence. I mean somenthing like step type, where you can define a prototype and save it in a type palette. Is it possible to do something like that with sequences?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,624 Views)

Hi Logatto,

You can create sequence templates. You can create sequences and drag them in to templates palette which is inside the insertion palette. Which version of TestStand are you using ? I think older versions of TestStand do not  have templates palette.

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 5
(3,603 Views)

Hi, I am using TS4.2. I do not like very much this solution. I would like to define a protoype for a sequence (step type style) where I can set Icons, Version, Default Post action, and so on.

It should have an ini file that I can install on different machine.

I do not think I can do these things with InsertionPalette.

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,591 Views)

Hi,

Can you explain how you are going to use this prototype on your different systems. Are these systems development system i.e. with full Development TestStand installation

Regards

Ray Farmer

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,588 Views)

I developed  a custom TestStand user interface. For communication between LV and TS I am using UImessage activeX. I have a sequence that contains these UImessages (for example, message for operator, status control, timing....). In my sw environment I developed several step type, then the finel user can siply add a new test right-clikking and inserting a new test. I would like to have the same thing also for some specific sequences. When the user wants to update the User interface can right click and insert the "Operator Interface" sequence template.

This is just an example. Ones more. Some measures imply a deep known of the machine; before run the measure all the instruments must be in the correct setup. In this case I could prepare a templete sequence that configure all the instruments and let the user configure just the step of the measure.

The portability of this parts should be the same then step type: Code+TypePalette.

From my points of view it does not matter if the target machine has the development system installed or just the runtime.

I hope it helps you to clarify the context.

Thanks.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,580 Views)