NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to programmatically "install" result processing configuration?

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like to create a tool (it could be a sequence file) that will programmatically create a new result processing configuration and add a new plugin to it. How can I accomplish this?

I see potentially useful functions in modelsupport2.dll but even with ResultProcessing.c file I can't figure out how to do this.

The tool will be used to install custom plugins without deleting the current configuration.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA, CPI

1. Did someone devote their time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos.
  2. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
  3. Contribute to the development of TestStand by voting on the TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,128 Views)

Hi,

Please have a look at this example :

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\TestStand 2019 (32-bit)\Examples\Customizing Result Processing\Model Plugin - Basic Step Time Report

I think this does the same thing that you are planning to do. 

Ravi

Message 2 of 5
(1,124 Views)

It is not exactly what I need. It shows how to add a plugin to the current configuration using AddResultProcessingToConfiguration the function but doesn't show how to add a new configuration. I guess I will have to alter the configuration file using PropertyObjectFile object.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA, CPI

1. Did someone devote their time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos.
  2. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
  3. Contribute to the development of TestStand by voting on the TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,098 Views)

Hi,

Please check the comments from James Grey in the end :

https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-TestStand/Add-Configure-a-result-processing-entry-programatically/td-p/4...

You can create a config file which has no plugins ( delete all plugins and save the .cfg file).

At start you can overwrite  this empty.cfg file over the existing file.So now results config file has no plugins.

Then add plugin programmatically.

Also refer :

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370052AA-01/tsfundamentals/infotopics/pmpupdateconfigfile/

Hope this helps.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,093 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bienieck

If it helps someone, attached is the starting point and tips on how to approach it.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA, CPI

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(111 Views)