NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Results Processing in TestStand 2023

Hi,

We are porting our system to TestStand 2023 Q4 and we tried to configure our ResultsProcessing-configuration.

We have made some customizations to this and got a crash in the Offline Processing Utility UI, we did some modifications and tried some more but still crash.

Anyway, we then decided to remove all our customizations and and start from scratch instead, and we still get a crash.

How to reproduce the issue we get:
Remove the ResultProcessing.cfg file located in: C:\ProgramData\National Instruments\TestStand 2023 (32-bit)\Cfg\ModelPlugins

Open SequenceEditor -> Configure -> ResultsProcessing... (a new default file will be created).

Close SequenceEditor

Open OfflineProcessingUtility -> Click Pause

Click Configure -> Click Cancel

Click "Play" and then ORPU says: "One or more errors have occurred. Please save your work and restart the application".
If open ORPU again, the profile is set to "Pause" and I can enable it again with "Play".
But I cannot do any configurations to the file from here.

Message 1 of 4
(1,316 Views)

Hi Isabel,

Thank you for reporting the issue. It is been tracked with this id 2563163.

To workaround the problem, do the following

• open file <TestStand 2023>\Components\Tools\Offline Results Processing Utility\x64\OfflineResultsProcessingUtility.exe.config in a text editor.
    • The 32-bit version is under <TestStand 2023>\Components\Tools\Offline Results Processing Utility\Win32\OfflineResultsProcessingUtility.exe.config.
  • Delete the assemblyBinding element/section of the file.

The config file is redirecting the stdole assembly to version 17.0.0.0 which is not installed.

Regards,

Jose Hernandez

Message 2 of 4
(1,266 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for the reply!

The workaround is working for me! 👍

Best Regards,

Isabel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,246 Views)

Hi Jose,

thanks for the workaround, but do you know why this happens? We are also updating our systems to TestStand 2023 Q4 and get the same error on all of our systems. Is there a way to avoid ther error? I don´t want applie your workaround to all of our systems.

Thanks for your help.

Regards.
sneb

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,011 Views)