NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ready to make the move from xml reports to database

After almost 3 years of using testand and getting a lot of experience out of it. I think i am ready to make the move to log my reports on database.

working with xml files has been a pain, when they get big internet explorer will have a hard time opening them and to avoid that i have to put less results on the report.

i want to move to a database format. I work for a big company where the IT guys dont even know what labview or testand is, so having a server on the main network will be difficult to get because of IT policy.

So i was thinking of using access or mysql. what are your experiences and what do you recomend?

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,440 Views)

If I remember correctly Access is space limited.  Not sure what the limit is.  So after some time the file could get to big.  I like MySQL but it does require a little more setup than Access. 

Out of the box TestStand automatically logs to Access so ultimately all you have to do is flip a switch (i.e. enable database logging) and you have now started logging to a database.  Easy Peasy!

They do give you the scripts to run on MySQL to create the tables and such.  So you do have to have some DB experience to set it up. And then you just put in the correct connection string and it should work.

My 2 cents,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,434 Views)

thank jig

i read access is limited to 2g that might not be good on the long run

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,428 Views)

i will run a 10 hr simulation test that i do with my boards and see how many bytes this thing uses for a regular test i do and i will report them here tomorrow.

i might reach the 2gb limit too soon 

CLAD, CTD
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,424 Views)