NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report options with IE 11 retirement

Hi Anand,
thanks for posting the latest version. Now i am able to open it without any issue.

I have to agree with sukaba form previous post.
The "open with" feature is not working. And from a production or HIL test maschine is must have feature.  Once you setup the machine the report must open when clicking any  .xml file.

Another must have feature is to disable the automatic ConvertAndSave to .html

Pretty good that it is present, but the html filesize is 2x. to xml
Nevertheless this is a pretty good feature to use state of art browsers, have you thought about an asssembly to convert xml to html. 
so user may implement in Teststand and provide a html if required.  

A nice to have feature would be to have drag and drop.

Best regards  
Juergen

--Signature--
Sessions NI-Week 2017 2016
Feedback or kudos are welcome
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,495 Views)

Hi all,

Anand and I worked to create a public KB to document this question on IE Retirement and to make the TS Report Viewer Utility available for download.

Please refer to the article TestStand ATML and XML Report Viewer Support After Internet Explorer Retirement

Your feedback will be very much appreciated!

Felipe Flores
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,487 Views)

Hi Juergen, 

Thank you for the feedback. The version published in the KB supports Open With and will also create an .html file next to the xml report that can be used in other browsers to view the report. 

I will look into adding drag and drop for a future release. 

Regards, 

Anand Jain

NI

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(1,477 Views)

Hi Annad,

This tool si not working as expected when the XML file is more than 30 MB or 50 MB size 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,388 Views)

Hi, 

The tool caps the size of the XML report loaded to around 38 MB. Do you have a need to view files bigger than that?

The bigger the file the longer it will take to load. 

Regards, 

Anand Jain

NI 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,368 Views)

Hi, 

Opening some XML reports does not generate HTML file. What could be the issue here?

File size is less than 1 MB, same stylesheet file is used, tried changing the name, removing read only flag, nothing seems to help. Other reports in the same directory do generate the HTML.

I cannot attach the report here as it has some sensitive information.

Thanks

Best regards,

Marius

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(967 Views)

Hi, 

I have sent you a private message about this issue. Please respond.

Regards, 

Anand Jain

NI

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(924 Views)

I have some 50K-60K .xml reports that I need to view.  TSReportViewer will not open the file.  Has TSReportViewer been updated to suport this size file?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(832 Views)