NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security settings do not allow the execution of script code within the report.xsl stylesheet

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

I cannot open an XML results file in Excel 2007 - even though I have added the style sheet directory to the trusted locations and removed all protections.

Here's what happens:

1. Open the XML results file at which point I am propmpted to select the TestStand stylesheet report.xsl

CropperCapture[62].Png

2. This then gives the error: Scripts in this XML document and/or references to other documents are disabled.

CropperCapture[63].Png

3. Clicking OK gives more specific information - namely Security settings do not allow the execution of script code within this stylesheet:

CropperCapture[65].Png 

But I have done the following:

- The path to the style sheethas been added to 'Trusted Locations' 

- ActiveX settings are completely enabled for all controls without restrictions

- Macro settings are enabled for all macros

- Trust access is granted to the VBA project object model

- All Data Connections are allowed

How can I enable the execution of the script code within the stylesheet so the XML file can load?

Thanks,

Ronnie

TestStand 4.2.1, LabVIEW 2009, LabWindows/CVI 2009
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(10,003 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Believer

Ronnie -

Straight from this Microsoft KnowledgeBase Article, please note that making the following modifications "may make your computer or network more vulnerable to attack by malicious software such as viruses." It's always a good idea to make a backup of your registry before modifying it. This can be done by going to File»Export.

In any case, as the article explains, open the registry and browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Security. The Security folder should contain a Registry Key called XSLSecurityLevel. Mine did not have this registry key so I had to create it (see screenshot below). Double-click the XSLSecurityLevel registry key, enter 1 in the Value Data, then click OK.

You should now be able to view the XML Report from within Excel 2007. To reset this setting, simply double-click the XSLSecurityLevel registry key, enter 0 in the Value Data, then click OK.

ForForum.png

Hope this helps!

Message Edited by Manooch_H on 10-15-2009 03:13 PM
Message Edited by Manooch_H on 10-15-2009 03:13 PM
Manooch H.
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(9,982 Views)

Hi Manooch,

Thanks for the help - yes - that was it! I had looked into the XSLSecurityLevel key yesterday, and mine also did not have it in the registry but unlike you I wasn't sure what kind of key to create.

Excel responds with a warning message box, but it loads the file if Yes is selected.

CropperCapture[66].Png

Thanks again,

Ronnie

TestStand 4.2.1, LabVIEW 2009, LabWindows/CVI 2009
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(9,975 Views)