cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence Editor Fonts in Windows 10

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

Hopefully this is a question with a simple answer. I did search to no avail.

I've just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 on my development PC. I have TestStand 2014 and TestStand 2010 SP1 to support existing applications, and both exhibit this behavior:

Many fonts display correctly in the sequence editor, but the majority of them are annoyingly huge. (Please see attached screenshot)

Things I have tried:

• Checking the sequence editor options dialog
  • Configuring Windows correctly. (No other applications have this issue, and our IT department confirms I'm not missing anything obvious on the OS side)
  • Editing SeqEdit.xml in <user>\appdata\local\National Instruments\<TestStand Version>\SeqEdit.xml.  When I edit font settings here they get mysteriously set back upon launching the sequence editor.

Does anyone know where these settings originate from and how to modify them for correct display?

(I'll feel really embarassed if it's something simple)

Thanks,

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,671 Views)

Jim,

In the Windows display settings, are you using a High DPI mode (DPI set to something other than 100%)? This sometimes causes display issues in applications. 

You might also go into the Sequence Editor Options dialog and reload one of the default layout configurations. Those are what control the layout of the Sequence Editor, and might have an effect on the issue. 

Message 2 of 4
(4,654 Views)

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the reply and for your input.

It was worth checking. For each monitor, I've got the slider in "Customize your display" set to "100% (recommended)".  Both of my two monitors are set to their native resolution.

Also, the dpi settings in the registry are:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\PerMonitorSettings\DEL40987R1K3536BUQB_0A_07DF_E9^0C88AB3546683776BAD37FDA91EBA085]
"DpiValue"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\PerMonitorSettings\DEL40987R1K3536C3CB_0A_07DF_47^9299C378CA21A7FCBF8ABDDCAAF09D89]
"DpiValue"=dword:00000000

I also tried loading the "Large Screen Example" configuration in the sequence editor options per your recommendation. I also tried to reset the UI from the "View" menu.

I tried deleting AppData\Local\National Instruments\TestStand <version>\

(I know you didn't suggest this - but I figured it was worth a try)

Sadly, no luck, but thank you very much for the suggestions.

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,651 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Mr._Jim

Alright, this is pretty funny.

My cell phone rang, I got up to walk outside while taking the call. I locked my PC and walked away.

Five minutes later I came back and my PC ostensibly crashed and had since rebooted. (I found this out by looking at the Windows event logs)

Oddly enough, after the crash my fonts appear normal in TestStand.

I'm not sure what changed - it could be any of myriad things, but it's "fixed" for now. I wish I knew why.

Smiley LOL

In the future, if anyone has font issues, the solution is clearly to induce an OS crash.

Thanks for your assistance, Daniel.

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,643 Views)