cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single UI with Multiple Steps Under the Hood

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm looking to implement a subsequence composed of a single User Interface with multiple steps operating sequentially under the hood. Each step would be a Pass/Fail test, returning the feedback of each to the UI in real-time. The UI would present various messages and prompts to the user as these steps under the hood either Pass or Fail. Is there an easy way to do this in TestStand? I can do it all in LabVIEW, but prefer the visualization of seeing each step written out sequentially in TestStand. My fist thought was some type of multithread in which a LabVIEW VI's front panel opens at start (asynchronously?), and stays open as these steps under the hood execute. Not sure if this is the best approach, however. 

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(916 Views)
Solution
Accepted by cdubs1495

You should look into the UI Messages. https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000x3tWCAQ&l=en-US

I will tell you right now if you go down the Asynch road you will regret it at some point.  Everyone I've seen do it does.  Especially when they get to multithreaded models.

If you want to dive deeper into this you can PM me and we can set something up to discuss.

Regards,

jigg
CTA, CLA
testeract.com
~Will work for kudos and/or BBQ~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(889 Views)

Thanks for the link! Nice of you to offer, I'll start on my own but reach out if things get too complicated. In general, having a Message UI running on the surface with other tests executing behind the scenes wouldn't still be a multithreaded execution?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(872 Views)