NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[TestStand 2012] Create a custom step type without step in possibility

Hi,

I would like to create a custom step type based on the sequence adapter.

In my step type there two 2 steps.

I would like that teststand understand this not as a sequence but as a single step (prevent the user from doing step-in, for example)

Currently, in step-by-step, when I debug my sequence with F8 (step-in), teststand enter into the step type.

Do you have an idea or an example ?

Thank you

xpowaaa

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,168 Views)

Hello,

Sorry for the double post, 

nobody have a solution ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,102 Views)

If I understand your question, you would like to create a custom sequence call step where the "Sequence Call Trace Setting" is always "Disable tracing in sequence".

One way would be to make a default expression in the Pre-Expression: "Step.Module.AsSequenceCallModule.TraceSetting = SeqCallTrace_Disable"

This could also be implemented in "Substeps" as a "Pre-Step" and then you can implement that expression in your diesired programming language.

Pulido Technologies LLC

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,093 Views)

Hi 🙂

Thank you for your answer

Sorry if I have not correctly expressed my question
I would like to prevent the "step into". If I force the "disable tracing" the user can still enter the sequence if he does a "step into" (F8).

Basically, I want to create a step that contains several actions but is done in one block.

Thank you again 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,086 Views)

Hmm.  I don't think that can be done.  

Would it help if the sequences to be called are in a password protected sequence (not viewable)?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/5BC5346AF208C172862575A0007986E2

Pulido Technologies LLC

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,076 Views)

I am guessing your sub sequence contains two action steps to code modules. If that is the case, you could use two post sub-steps to get the job done. As below.

sub-steps.png

CLA CTAChampionI'm attending the GLA Summit!
Subscribe to the Test Automation user group: UK Test Automation Group
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,069 Views)