NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand called by labview MMI, cannot load a vi already opened

Hello, I have a Main VI' that executes a a modified version of the 'TestStand 2017 (32-bit) LabVIEW Simple UI'.

When I run the Main  VI by labview all is OK, the MMI executes and a Teststand sequence is called without errors and then terminates correctly.

Inside the TS sequence I have a step that call a VI already loaded and run by the Main VI, this was ok if run by labview.

I created the executable for Main VI, when I run it TS reports the error attached, TS is unable to load the same vi I loaded and executed in the Main VI.

I need to execute this VI on both sides, first from the Main VI and then inside TS sequence called by MMI.

Thank you

Massimo Ponte

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,483 Views)

Seems you have a crosslinking issue here. 

The error message is quite clear here: you are trying to load the same VI (or two VIs with the identical name) from two different locations.

You might want to check your exe build script

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,447 Views)

Hello, the vi is present in one location only, first it is loaded by labview TS MMI and then it's loaded inside TS sequence (called by MMI), the error says that TS is not able to load the same vi previously loaded by LV MMI.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,440 Views)

The error message posted earlier on says the contrary

Oli_Wachno_0-1706276237570.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,437 Views)

Hello the error has something strange because there is a path that not exist:

D:\HANON Test Motore\MMI\Test Motore.exe\Leggi file configurazione.vi

the folder D:\HANON Test Motore\MMI contains only the Test motore.exe file, I checked several times and the VI is present only in one position and both loadings (LV and TS) refers to the same VI and same location.

regards.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,430 Views)

Does the SubVI in question happen to be loaded dynamically? And the path get's assembled somehow?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,391 Views)

Hello, I tried both Load dynamically and Preload with no success. The path is directly inserted no any expression is used.

Thank you.

Regads.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,387 Views)

What I was thinking of: does your LabVIEW code call this particular VI using a base path like application directory or something similar?

There are some VIs which will behave differently when called using the Runtime engine / compiled as EXE

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,372 Views)