NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand runs a copy of my VI

Hi Community,

I have noticed that TS seems to execute a memory copy of one of my VIs instead of executing the VI itself. Poorly phrased, but what I want to say is that if I open that VI and then execute my sequence then when TS executes that step then my VI does not execute, just turns to "Run mode", like if I have pressed Ctrl+M.

This is only a problem with a VI or two, but I have no clue whats causing it. I'd like my VI to run in a normal way so I can debug it runtime when TS calls it.

Let me know if you have an idea.

Thx.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,358 Views)

Most likely, your VI is setup to be reentrant.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,356 Views)

Yeah, I was thinking about this and it is not reentrant, at least not the VI I directly call from TS.

Would I see this effect if any of the subVIs of my VI is reentrant? If so, is there a way to quickly find which subVI is set to reentrant?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,354 Views)

Has the step been set to run 'Always in the RTE engine'?

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,335 Views)

Hmm... maybe its just me not knowing how TS handles the situation... So if I start running the sequence then open the VI after TS started to execute it then should I see it running or should I see it in the "run mode"?

Cause right now I had the VI open before TS started the sequence and now the VIs running, as I expected.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,332 Views)