NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand Factory Testing having warning and fail

Hi All

I have a test that measures frequency response using a VI and i input limits to the VI and get pass/fail (measurement passes less than limits, or fails equal or greater than the limit).

i would like to have a sequence step that measures the warning limit, and if that fails inform the factory test operator there is a warning and they should look into the process to see if there is something off. This Loging of a warning (not fail as is now) then in the post actions runs a step that has failure limits, if that run of the VI with Fail limits fails log the error, and set the product aside for re-work. If it passes the fail limit log product as passing, but keep track of the warning. 

how do I do this?

aldenF_0-1646189474539.png

aldenF_1-1646189559279.png

do I use custom conditions or post actions call sequence, can the custom log the warning, and make the step pass??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,261 Views)

Hi aldenF

What about breaking it out into two individual steps.  Have the Numeric Limit Test do the Pass/Fail and have a step immediately after the Numeric Limit Test that uses Numeric Value of the previous step (the Numeric Limit Test) to implement your warning/error requirements?

Hope this helps

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,237 Views)

So the idea is to have a step that does not log result, for each of the two limits and then a third step that fails if the fail limit is reached but if warning limit log that into another variable and log that at the end? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,225 Views)

It seemed to me that you could do it with two steps.

Step 1. Do your measurement, evaluate the measured value against the failure limits and return the measured value.  I suspect this is close to what you have already (minus the returning the measured value).

Step 2. This step could be a dialog that displays the warning to the Operator (or anything other mechanism you want to use) and would need a PreCondition that evaluates the numeric value returned in Step 1 against the Warning limits.  You'd need to configure the PreCondition of this step to only run the step if the value returned from Step 1 dictates that a Warning must be displayed.  You would also want to add to the PreCondition that Step 1 Passed. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,218 Views)

Hi Steve

I think I need the three steps as the limits are a spectrum mask, unless I develop a complex VI that would use as an input the complete set of spectrum points and then scan for the multiple frequency amplitude limits I will need to keep the three steps.  however, when I get that working I will post a screenshot for others 🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,215 Views)

Roger that, sounds like a plan

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,200 Views)