NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand Parallel Start Delay

Hello all,

I'm running the Teststand 2020 with Semiconductor Package to test 8 DUTs in parallel,

I'm facing one issue to run a code that uses 8 Windows COM Ports in parallel to load my firmware, I believe this issue is related to the OS, so my goal is to insert some delay (1 second) at the firmware load start for each DUT, but I dont know how.

Is there any teststand syncronization option that I can setup to insert this start delay?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(86 Views)

You can use locks to synchronize. There is an example called "Testing UUTs in Parallel - Parallel Model" that installs with the default TestStand Examples that should give you an idea.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(70 Views)

@Guiflopes wrote:

Hello all,

I'm running the Teststand 2020 with Semiconductor Package to test 8 DUTs in parallel,

I'm facing one issue to run a code that uses 8 Windows COM Ports in parallel to load my firmware, I believe this issue is related to the OS, so my goal is to insert some delay (1 second) at the firmware load start for each DUT, but I dont know how.

Is there any teststand syncronization option that I can setup to insert this start delay?

Adding the arbitrary delay wouldn't fix the root cause. To be clear, are you using TestStand Semiconductor Module with Batch process model?
Can you share more on the the issue with parallely accessing COM ports?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(58 Views)

Hi Santo,

I'm running with Batch Settings set to "Parallel (All Threads Enter Simultaneously)," and I'm using a Call Executable step to run an .exe that flashes my firmware. When testing with 4 DUTs in parallel, there are no issues. However, when I increase the number to 5 or more, the .exe cannot access all COM ports simultaneously. Therefore, I would like to introduce a start delay to run all 8 DUTs in parallel, with a 1-second time shift between them for example.

Images attached.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(24 Views)