NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teststand2016 out of memory frequently

Hello:

recently, I upgrade from 2013 to 2016, but meet several times out of memory error like below picture.

But when I check the RAM occupation, it still seams in good performance.

It's really sad to lost a lot of work...

any one meet this issue? any solution?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,288 Views)

Your screenshot does not show the amount of memory the SeqEdit.exe process (or your custom UI) allocates.

Also check bitness of the two TS versions. I assume that you have 2016 32bit. What about 2013?

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,274 Views)

Thanks Norbert for your reply

Both my 2013 and 2016 are 32 bits, 2013 one runs well before

And attached the memory used by process, FYI~

memory.jpg

Wish response~ 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,262 Views)

I assume that you have some station related configuration in your 2013 version. Most likely, it is concerning reporting (e.g. On-The-Fly reporting configuration).

Please look at the configurations and configure 2016 identical.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,256 Views)

The times that I have seen the out of memory error, it was due to the report array getting huge.  The solution was to use the On-the-Fly reporting instead of the default of waiting until the end to generate the report.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,254 Views)

I wanted to drop a link to this guide for you and anyone else who might find this thread later on:

Troubleshooting Memory Growth Issues in TestStand Systems

This document and its sub-docs have loads of good info on this topic.

-Trent

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,246 Views)

I have the similar issue..program throws error after running for 2 + days. I have selected everything on-the fly, display latest result, also in model option- discard or disable results but nothing helping. i was assuming that after selecting this everything memory shouldn't grow much and shouldn't crash but still it happening..

thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,237 Views)

Amitabh,

i think your issue is not the same as the one of the OP. Unless the OP does not verify that station configuration is identical, reporting is most likely the reason.

In your case, i assume that you have a memory leak behavior in at least one of your code modules. These can easily occur by creating references but never closing them.

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,224 Views)

I checked the station options for 2013 and 2016, it's same setting.

now I disable some of the new thread calling sequence, the RAM occupation didn't reach system error level before test finished.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,198 Views)