cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get reference for VI during 'Update VI/LV NXG VI Calls'

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi 

I've had a look in the forum, and this does not appear in the search.

Teststand is reporting the following error below. I have no idea what is the exact reference it is looking for, as it is reporting that it has found the same VI a few lines later, and the reference and Found VI Path are the same, and correct.

ie Reference
C:\+Files\CPE SVN ABB UI\Software\Shared Libraries\5400-740 Test System Interface.lvlibp\Communication_Interface\Private\Comms Set DNA_Identity Single value.vi

Found VI Path

C:\+Files\CPE SVN ABB UI\Software\Shared Libraries\5400-740 Test System

Interface.lvlibp\Communication_Interface\Private\Comms Set DNA_Identity Single value.vi

And the Specified path is correct for the packed library.

I have used this process many times, sucessfully. I have recently upgraded from 2016 to 2020.

and the project has been mass compiled, and rebuilt.

There is not enough detail in this message for me and I can't figure it out. The LabVIEW Adapter Configuration and Update call settings are shown in the attachments.  I'd really appreciate some help.

Every call is the same as the format below.

Unable to update step 'T020 - 010 Write PEBB Model to DNA Identity'.

Unable to get reference for VI at 'C:\+Files\CPE SVN ABB UI\Software\Shared Libraries\5400-740 Test System Interface.lvlibp\Communication_Interface\Private\Comms Set DNA_Identity Single value.vi'
Found VI Path: C:\+Files\CPE SVN ABB UI\Software\Shared Libraries\5400-740 Test System Interface.lvlibp\Communication_Interface\Private\Comms Set DNA_Identity Single value.vi
VI Version: 20.0

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,070 Views)

Hi,

Did you try manually opening this step and is the VI loaded correctly? Are you seeing any loading errors?

Click on edit VI and see if it asked to be saved while closing.

Just cross checking that the lvlibp was re compiled and built in the new LV version.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,041 Views)

Thanks Ravi
I opened the VI and closed it as suggested, and it did not ask to be saved. 

Also the report states the VI revision as 'VI Version: 20.0" in each line.

I have another development PC, and I downloaded all the code and tried the same process.

It is updating fine. I may have some configuration issue. I will try another TS install if there are no other responses.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,028 Views)

I have since reloaded and configured TestStand 2020 and having no success in updating VI calls.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,004 Views)
Solution
Accepted by RN888

SOLUTION FOUND

Used the package manager to repair LabVIEW and all associated packages it recommended in the following option. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(992 Views)