NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Username dependent paths

Hi, 

in my company network shared folders have been replaced by microsoft onedrive service so all files, sequences, VIs are accessible only under username dependent paths, eg C:\Users\username\companyname\...

Now I have to modify all sequences to be launched on multiple machines from mutiple users.

I found basically three solutions:

1)use only relative paths, this requires to create a lot of local copies of the files making difficult to be maintained 

2)use only search directories, this require to create search directories for every new user and in every new machine

3)get username and specify filepaths by expressions, this apply only to sequences, i cannot find the way to specify VIs filepath by expression.

Is there any way to specify VIs filepath by expression?

Is there any other solution to modify sequences and VIs in order to be launched and maintained efficiently from different users and machines?

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,089 Views)

You can map the drive location to a fixed local drive (imaginary), for instance, H:\

https://www.comtech-networking.com/blog/item/404-how-to-map-onedrive-as-a-network-drive-to-see-all-y...

You can even map local folders as separate drive.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,077 Views)

I'm unable to find a CID number, there is even no "CID" string in the url.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,057 Views)

Can you provide an example path before and after? Do you use TS environment files or TS workspace files, if so can you share file structure (relation between VIs, sequences and tsenv or tsw)? Do you use Login/Logout or do you have it disabled?

IMHO using absolute paths is a bad idea and usually, sooner or later, it will kick you in the balls. So, if I were you, I will try some relative paths and some automation scripts. If you provide more details I could suggest something.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA, CPI

1. Did someone devote their time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos.
  2. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
  3. Contribute to the development of TestStand by voting on the TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,029 Views)

I solved, it was a fake problem, 

Onedrive syncs all in the user folder by default but you can choose another one

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,008 Views)