NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labview program to unistall and install new/updated software programatically

Hi,

I want to create a labview program to install and uninstall teststand deployment programatically.

Query : I have teststand deployment made and ready,wanted to deploy in 5 test PC's and for very first time it did work good. Now when I made updates in the modules, i made a new deployment with version increment. Now this time, i first uninstalled the previous deployment and reinstalled a new one. This time it took time to uninstall and install all 5 test PC's.

I wanted to automate this process through labview. I wanted to create a labview exe or installer which continusouly running on the client PC's looking for a perticular folder for new/updated deployment. If it finds, uninstall the older version if present and install a newer version of deployment.

I wanted to know what things i need to consider while making this type of labview program which uninstalls the older version and installs a newer one? I think i need to even reboot after uninstallation, before installing newer deployment. How make the program running even after reboot and continue the process?

Message 1 of 1
(3,518 Views)