NI TestStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

newbie GUI issues

Hi all. Still pretty green on test stand and entirely new to custom GUIs.

I have inherited some code for a custom GUI built off of the "Standard User Interface" template in LabVIEW. There are some minor modifications, but it appears close to the template.

We also use a custom Parallel Process model that does some display manipulation and test report creation.

I have a main seq file, we'll call it COMPANY_FT_Production.seq. This sequence file works great for 2-socket parallel process modeling in test stand and i can test to my heart's content.

HOWEVER, when i attempt to run the GUI, i run into the issue where it appears to be grabbing all the info expected for the process model and also successfully does the pre-uut on my COMPANY_FT_Production.seq file. it immediately stops right after this tho, and never runs the main sequence. you know, where all my code is.

I realize this is not a lot of information, but i am happy to supply screenshots/info as requested.

this is the last step i need done to complete this project, so any help is appreciated!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(271 Views)

So.... if there is a different behaviour between running the sequence in SequenceEditor and in the UI, you could check if your custom ProcessModel differentiates between those two cases.

The proper way to identify from where a seqeunce is being run, is to use the RunState.IsEditor property. 

So I'd suggest to search for any access to this property in the customized ProcessModel and then compare to the standard.

Another approach might be to use the TestStand DiffMerge to compare the standard model and the custom model for any differences which might result in the behaviour you are describing 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(220 Views)

i had the thought over the weekend that it must be some difference in the process model, so i took a look with your added insight and did find a few places the model uses RunState.IsEditor as a condition, although it seems like it just adds a few additional serial number entries and slightly varies how it handles serial number processing. I did not see anything obvious. Comparing it to the non-customized ParallelModel.seq in Test Stand, nothing in particular jumped out at me either.

I've attached my modified Parallel Model in case anyone can take a quick peek.

your insight is appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(210 Views)