cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating system time with simple operator interface

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I need to update system time on the simple OI but when I use "Get system time and date.vi". The indicator on the front panel doesn't get updated every second, there is delay of atleast 5 secs. I tried using parallel while Loop method as well but still the problem persist

Any ideas guys?

Regards

Prav

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,594 Views)
May I suggest changing the update time to once per minute.  Unless there is a strong reason to have seconds displayed, I would just drop the seconds portion of the time display. 
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,585 Views)
I added a Get Date/Time in Seconds function to the timeout event and made the timeout equal to 1 second. And I also tried a separate loop and had no problems. How exactly did you modify the VI? Is the problem only when a sequence is running?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,571 Views)
See attached simple OI modified to display time and date. When I run It, the update on indicator is like this 16:21:04-->16:21:09 (delay of 5 secs).I tried in time out event as well but no sucesss.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,563 Views)
I don't have the simple error handler that was used in your older version but the time is updating just fine. You really need a Wait (ms) in the separate loop and if you modify the timeout event, use 1 second as a timeout.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,556 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author prav

Actually, I have found the fault. Fault is with "ME".

I was operating the VI on remote computer in LAB and there was delay in transmission thats why all this time I was scratching my head. VI display's time correctly at the computer in the lab.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,553 Views)