Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to apply a Kalman filter to an accelerometer

Hi everyone, i am using the NI WLS-9205 and i connected a 3 axis accelerometer (the MMA7260QT), i made a basic cube to make a tilt sensor, but this one is very unstable, very noisy, and i have the Control design and simulation toolkit, where i find a continuous kalman filter wich i have no idea how to use it, i want you to help me with this, is this the best way to make the filters for a tilt sensor?.

thanks in advance, this is for a very important project so i would really appreciate any help with this.

Sergio Acosta

Control Engineer student

attached here is what i have done

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(8,726 Views)

Hi Checho175,

The following link explains how the Continuous Kalman Filter.vi works. You will find a brief explanation on what you should connect to each input and what you obtain in each output. I hope that this helps you understand better how this VI works.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371894E-01/lvsim/cd_cont_recur_kalman_filter_vi/

I also found a template on which this VI is used. It shows how to implement a continuous Kalman filter and includes a dummy VI to simulate the hardware input. It is a simple example but it illustrates how to use the Continuous Kalman Filter.vi. You can find the example on LabVIEW Examples >> Toolkits and Modules >> Control and Simulation >> Control Design >> Implementation >> Templates >> CDEx Continuous Kalman Filter and Controller Implementation.

I hope this information is useful for your application. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,

Hector Rojas

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(8,591 Views)

can u tell me how do you get the angle for each rotation?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,538 Views)