Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Splitter Problem

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using a signal splitter in the given file.It splits the signal in six parts.I use a waveform chart to show the signals.But only one output from spliter is shown on graph..Other five are missing..Why..? how can i get six waveforms on output..??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,996 Views)

What makes you think there are multiple parts to the original signal?  The settings for the Simulate Signal Express VI call for it to create a sine with 100 samples at 1000 samples per second each time called. The chart shows 0.1 seconds for each iteration so all the data is on the first chart.

What are you really trying to do?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,986 Views)

ok.My problem is that i want 6 signals(sine waves to show three phases voltages and currents.??? do i need six sources or i can get from one source too...???

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,982 Views)
Solution
Accepted by abkakar

As far as I know none of the VIs on the standard palettes offer any direct way to create a three phase signal.  Six sources, all with the same frequency and different phases and amplitudes, is a straightforward way to do it. Another alternative would be to create an array of the phases and amplitudes and wire it into a for loop with the signal source VI inside the loop.

I am not a fan of the Express VIs for things like this.  First, they may not have the flexibility at run time of the lower level VIs found on the Signal Processing palette.  The Dynamic Data Type hides the structure of the data it carries.  Depending on what will be done with the data later, I prefer the waveform datatype or simple arrays.  And, the huge icons occupy too much block diagram area.

Note that using arrays as in this example changes the x-axis on the charts. The units are indexes of the arrays, or the equivalent of 1 sample per second.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,976 Views)