Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link to new / unread messages not correct

Hello,

since a few days I recognize that the "New" link in the board listing doesn't work correct for me.

image.png

Following the "New" link the top message shown was 51 of 65 and not 59. It was the first message of the new page.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(304 Views)

@UliB wrote:

Hello,

since a few days I recognize that the "New" link in the board listing doesn't work correct for me.

image.png

Following the "New" link the top message shown was 51 of 65 and not 59. It was the first message of the new page.

I'll try to check the moment I have a new message in a thread I follow (I just read them all).

Shouldn't it go to message 57 though (64 - 7)?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(247 Views)

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@UliB wrote:

Hello,

image.png

I'll try to check the moment I have a new message in a thread I follow (I just read them all).

🤔 1 Question and 64 Replies makes 65 messages. 

65 messages - 7 unread messages = 58 read messages, which makes message 59 the first unread message.

In the past few days I did not see the behavior I wrote about. 

But the behavior is hard to track, because there is no indication which message is the first unread message, but a few years ago there used to be this indication (see: https://forums.ni.com/t5/Feedback-on-NI-Community/What-happend-to-NEW/m-p/3644731#M14701 ).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(243 Views)

I also see this error very intermittently.  The link will go to the top of the page with the first new message instead of the first message itself.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(231 Views)

@UliB wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

@UliB wrote:

Hello,

image.png

🤔 1 Question and 64 Replies makes 65 messages. 

65 messages - 7 unread messages = 58 read messages, which makes message 59 the first unread message.

OK, so that depends if we're zero indexing and if we include the first (replies vs post).

I get my new stock from the messages (not using "new"), and my old stock from my notifications. So I guess that's why I don't notice this.

My 1st reply way really a bump 😉.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(216 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

I also see this error very intermittently.  The link will go to the top of the page with the first new message instead of the first message itself.

Today this happend to me again.

This was the entry in the LabVIEW Board:

image.png

This is the link behind "2 New"

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/optimization-of-code-replacing-constant-with-timer/td-p/4371231/jum... 

But instead of jumping to the two new messages I see the top of the page which holds the two new messages.

I don't know if this is important: In my 'Linear Layout Settings' I have

- Sorting order within topics: oldest first

- posts per page: 25

- Jump to first unread post in a topic: checked

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(141 Views)