よろしくお願いいたします。

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(962 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sugi0220

Hi sugi,

@sugi0220 wrote:

Which subscription license edition will correspond to the full development system of the previous perpetual license?

I would appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thank you.

AFAIK the editions didn't change (base/full/pro), only the license changed from perpetual to subscription.

So you will still order the FDS license…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 6
(951 Views)

Hi GerdW

Thanks for letting me know.

I understand that there is no change in the LabVIEW base package (base/full/pro).

By the way, do you know how much the previous perpetual license cost?

If you know, I would appreciate your reply.

(If you don't know, you can just ignore this.)

Many thanks,

Sugi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(940 Views)

Hi sugi,

@sugi0220 wrote:

By the way, do you know how much the previous perpetual license cost?

That doesn't matter because you cannot buy a perpetual (development) license anymore…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(936 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Sorry I didn't tell you why.
We already have a perpetual license Labview2014 (purchase was several years ago and I don't know the details).
I would like to present this in comparison to my lab professor to get him to consider purchasing a subscription to the latest version.
Depending on the price, they might be inclined to keep using the current perpetual license...

Sincerely,

Sugi

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(931 Views)

Hi sugi,

@sugi0220 wrote:

We already have a perpetual license Labview2014 (purchase was several years ago and I don't know the details).
I would like to present this in comparison to my lab professor to get him to consider purchasing a subscription to the latest version.
Depending on the price, they might be inclined to keep using the current perpetual license...

Then you should also add to your comparison:

• software compatibility: LV2014 officially only supports Win7 (?), while recent versions also get "official NI" support for Win10/Win11
  • which hardware do you need to support? Support for "new" NI hardware often requires recent drivers - and recent drivers mostly only support recent LabVIEW versions…
Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(905 Views)