LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AO 1Sam vs Configure Timing

Having a AO task, which should allow one to change dc during generation: You can write a 1D array DBL with Mul Chan 1 Sample Write to generate varying DC levels when configuring no timing at all, fine. BUT, I need to be able to Start the Task here using the actual Start vi. This means I have to write the buffer before starting with autostart off, which means I have to configure timing. BUT I can't figure out how to configure the timing, in order to write dc with a single sample.

Is it possible to generate dc, writing one sam per channel with a task that starts with predefined levels using Start Task.vi?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(107 Views)

@Quiztus2 wrote:

Is it possible to generate dc, writing one sam per channel with a task that starts with predefined levels using Start Task.vi?

That's essentially an on-demand software-timed task. There is a shipping example for that.

Just omit the DAQmx Configure Timing VI will do.

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
Message 2 of 4
(68 Views)

Yes, my question is, if one can mimic the 'omit the DAQmx Configure Timing VI', I think this means I would have to Configure a '1 Sample Mode' using the Configure Timing.

Is not configuring timing the same as 'Simultaneous Analog Output Enable'?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(55 Views)

If you don't configure sample clock timing, the task will use on-demand mode by default. If you set Simultaneous Analog Output Enable to true when using on-demand timing, it is the same as using a finite sample clock timing with 1 sample point, but without using the limited hardware timed task.

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(22 Views)