LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog Output lag time? Newbie question.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all, 

I am writing a very basic program to provide an output voltage between -10 and 10 volts from an Omega brand DAQ. I am using the ULx for Labview .vi library that came with the DAQ. Currently the program is working, giving me the requested output voltage while it runs and 0 once I end the loop. 

However, when I initially click run, it takes 15-20 seconds for the program to pass beyond the "create channel" .vi at the beginning. I used the "highlight execution" tool to observe this. I was wondering if I've done something boneheaded to cause this delay or if it is unavoidable. 

I attached a screenshot of my program. Please feel free to offer any other advice you have! 

Thanks for the help,

-Bryan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(151 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bryan7

Hi Bryan,

@Bryan7 wrote:

However, when I initially click run, it takes 15-20 seconds for the program to pass beyond the "create channel" .vi at the beginning.

There's nothing you can do inside of LabVIEW: when this function needs that time to load all the ULx stuff in the background then you need to wait for it.

Does it take so long every time you run the VI?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 5
(129 Views)

Hey GerdW,

Thanks for the help! I found a tip on the ULx forums about the load times for the library and fixed it by changing the file locations. It runs smoothly now! 

Message 3 of 5
(113 Views)

@Bryan7 wrote:

Hey GerdW,

Thanks for the help! I found a tip on the ULx forums about the load times for the library and fixed it by changing the file locations. It runs smoothly now! 

So what was the solution? Where did you move them? And what did you move?

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(69 Views)

I referenced this thread: https://forum.digilent.com/topic/24259-question-about-downloading-and-opening-ulx-with-labview/ 

Hope posting that link is ok? Changing the files from read-only may also have been the factor that increased my speed. 

Cheers!

Message 5 of 5
(47 Views)