cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't succeed to create a program with both myRIO and Kinesis

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create a program that controls a camera and a thorlab motor (KDC101) simultaneously. The deal is that my motor is connected to the DAC myRIO, and the software "Kinesis", made to control the KDC101 is here to change the distance that the motor

does at every new iteration.

The problem is the following : when I test my program with only myRIO (that sends triggers to cameras, motors etc.), it works. When I test my program with only Kinesis (moving the motor), it works. But when I try to make them both co-exist, I have an error.

The error depends on how I try to open the file. If I open it as a myRIO project, then the Kinesis part is bugging. If I open it as a Kinesis project, then the myRIO part is bugging.

I tried everything, but nothing seems to work. By the way, all of my Kinesis DLL are in the exact same folder as my project.

Can y'all help me ?

Lypsiie_0-1720094116094.png

Lypsiie_1-1720094179269.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(191 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Lypsiie

Hi Lypsie,

@Lypsiie wrote:

If I open it as a myRIO project, then the Kinesis part is bugging. If I open it as a Kinesis project, then the myRIO part is bugging.

The Kinesis part only works on your Windows computer.

The myRIO part only works on your myRIO target.

You need to run both parts in parallel on their designated target and implement communication between them!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 2
(152 Views)