LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot run ni xnet program as startup application

Hi everyone,

I want to run a labview program without opening it on crio. The program function is: create dummy CAN frames which is set up from xnet database to create CAN signal. When I ran it on labview, I can see the CAN data in bus monitor (You can see the attachment picture), it worked. But when I build the Vi as startup application (refer to this:https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000YIMcCAO&l=en-VN) , and it did not worked (there were not data on bus monitor). I would like to run this program as startup. How can I fix it? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(851 Views)

Hi johny,

@johnydang wrote:

The program function is: create dummy CAN frames which is set up from xnet database to create CAN signal.

When I ran it on labview, I can see the CAN data in bus monitor

But when I build the Vi as startup application and it did not worked (there were not data on bus monitor).

• How are those images related to your question?
  • Why don't you attach your VI and project? How should we debug your issue with an image of the frontpanel of one VI?
  • Can the startup exe on your cRIO access the XNet database file? You know the cRIO is a computer on its own with NO ACCESS to the harddrive of your Windows computer?
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(848 Views)

Hi GerdW

- Why don't you attach your VI and project? How should we debug your issue with an image of the frontpanel of one VI?

Sorry, it is quite confidential so it is hard to share the project. Below is the image of the VI. My point is that it work normally when running labview. It didn't work with start up mode. I guess that I miss some step of setting. But I can't find any related document about this

- Can the startup exe on your cRIO access the XNet database file? You know the cRIO is a computer on its own with NO ACCESS to the harddrive of your Windows computer?

I'm not sure. I already followed this: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000YIUgCAO&l=en-VN

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(820 Views)

You can replace the Simple Error Handler VI with Error Out indicators. Then use Remotely Debugging Executables in LabVIEW to debug if there is any error occurred and stop the VI.

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
Message 4 of 9
(792 Views)

Have you setup the propper default values for your controls on the vi before building the vi to a rtexe ? 

How do you plan to interact with the controls on the vi when it is a rtexe ? 

I seem to be missing some information, what hardware do you have ? The cRIO model and the xnet card in the RIO. 

Message 5 of 9
(759 Views)

Hi dkfire and ZYOng, thank you for your reponses

I'm using CRIO 9047 and NI-9860. I already make default value for the controls. 
For the remote debugging, when the program start up. I see that upper block did not run, only the lower block ran (please refer to the image)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(743 Views)

Good to see that you can observe the abnormality of the upper loop. What is the error code?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(726 Views)

Hi ZyOng,
Thank for your response. It din't not show error. It say the block is not excuted. When I change to use Frame Output Stream instead of Frame Output Single Point, the upper block can run. I still don't know why

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(709 Views)

Can you provide the screenshot on "the block is not executed"?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(693 Views)