LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAQmx stop task.vi crashes

I am trying to use a USB-6003 DAQ board to acquire an analog voltage signal using Labview 2022Q3 (Full edition). I am able to read data from the device using the attached vi but whenever I stop the acquisition in the while loop the program crashes at the 'DAQmx stop task.vi'. This happens every time I run the program. I also get the error message in the attached .png file describing the error as:

Exception: Access violation (0xC0000005) at EIP=0x00007FFC30D7503D.

I have tried running one of the DAQmx example programs (Digital - SW-Timed Input.vi) to acquire data from one of the digital input lines on the USB-6003 and saw the same thing happen. The vi would grab the data correctly but crash when I stopped the while loop and it tried to stop the task.

Any advice?

Stuart

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(326 Views)

It could be related to the USB hub power settings.  Go into the device manager and disable the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" for all of the USB hubs.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(312 Views)

Thanks for the response.

I changed the power setting s for the USB hubs but get the same result. The vi still crashes when it tries to stop the DAQmx task.

Stuart

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(293 Views)