LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown box

How can I create an event when the mouse is moving over the list of a dropdown box

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(1,488 Views)

@Poema wrote:

How can I create an event when the mouse is moving over the list of a dropdown box

You can't.

There aren't easy tricks either.

Maybe we can come up with a workaround if you let us in on your goal... 

You do get a mouse leave on the pane it's on when you 'drop down' the control (enum? ring? combobox? picture ring? they all have dropdown boxes)... 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(1,485 Views)

Thanks for your fast response

It's easy when I click on the arrow of the dropdown box nothing else may happen while the list is open and the user is busy with selecting the item.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(1,430 Views)

BTW it's a combobox

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(1,473 Views)

There's a Mouse Enter/Leave event, that might do the trick.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(1,438 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

There's a Mouse Enter/Leave event, that might do the trick.

I don't think so.

IIRC, the popup is completely alien to LabVIEW. You do get a mouse leave on the pane, and probably even the control. But this doesn't mean anything, because you get this event also when you leave the control or pane.

I forgot most of the details, as this is a big disaster. I only wanted to know if the dialog is active or not, but even that was hard. I couldn't get this done entirely, but managed to do it well enough so the UIX was acceptable.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(1,427 Views)

You can build your own "combo box" with a listbox and a string.

Then you can get mouse move event of the "dropdown box".

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(1,398 Views)

Thank you all for trying to solve my problem.

As I see there is no easy way, so I will try to create my own xcontrol dropdown box. If someone still has a better idea, please let me know.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(1,350 Views)

@Poema wrote:

Thank you all for trying to solve my problem.

As I see there is no easy way, so I will try to create my own xcontrol dropdown box. If someone still has a better idea, please let me know.

We still don't know why you want to get mouse move events.

There might be completely different solutions, but we'd need to know what problem you're trying to solve. As for now, we only know that the current solution isn't easy...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(1,331 Views)

In the background is there a calculation that is running continuously but must be temporarily interrupted while the user is selecting another value or want to select another value.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(1,310 Views)